Everyone has been thrown for a loop with all the changes that have taken place Since COVID-19 began. The real estate boards are scrambling to find solutions to allow agents to continue their essential work while trying to keep everyone safe.
One of the solutions they came up with was for agents to host live virtual open houses. The idea was that agents would host a live walk through at the listing using their phone or computer and buyers would join virtually on their phones, tablets or computers. Pretty good idea, right?
The intention was great, but the execution left a something to be desired. In this scenario the agent has to leave his or her home to go to the listing and be at the same location as the seller. Now, imagine if there there were several "live open houses", the agent and sellers would be at the same location several times. This is not optimal.
There is a much safer option. You can host a live open house and nobody has leave their house or be in physical contact with each other. Everything is done remotely using a Matterport 3D walkthrough tour.
Take a look at the video below to get an idea how this would work and I'll explain the details after the video.
Here's a list of what you'll need:
- a Matterport tour of your listing - This is where we really shine. When you book using Pixilink you'll have access to 5 or more Matterport providers. This gives you more options to get a Matterport tour done when you need it. You can also book photos, video, floor plans and drone at the same time, this minimizes your time at the listing.
- Access to live screen sharing platform - By now some of you have become familiar with these platforms (Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts and more). The choice of platforms is completely up to you, just make sure you can share your computer screen.
- A computer - When sharing a Matterport tour, we recommend using a computer. you can use the the arrow keys on the keyboard to smoothly turn left or right and move forward or backward. Having the ability to scroll will allow zooming in and out of the image.
Here's what to do:
- Schedule your live virtual open house - using your streaming platform and then embed the link on MLS.
- Set up your computer 15 minutes before you go live - Open your Matterport tour, start your live stream and then go to full screen on your Matterport tour.
- Drink your coffee and wait for people to join you live.
- You can do this for showings as well and there are no worries if the seller is home or not.